Flower Moss Box Centerpiece
If you need a centerpiece for your wedding or just a dinner party, these quick & easy colorful boxes are something to consider. They can be done in all different sizes and with all different types of boxes, so think outside the box and get creative! We found our box at a second hand store for $2.00 and freshened it up by staining it.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Wood box, small or medium, depending on the size of your table.
- Floral foam, approx. 3 1/2″ square
- Plastic saucer, 6″
- Reindeer moss, Lt. green
- Sphagnum moss
- Flowers, 2 Types in 2 complimentary colors
- Optional: Stain & brush
HERE’S WHERE TO GET IT
The box can be something you have around your home or you can easily make it. You can buy the wood and have it cut right at your local Lowe’s or Home Depot Store. Buy some nails and hammer the 4 pieces and a bottom together. The rest of the materials can be bought at your local craft store. Ours is Micheal’s. You can use fresh or artificial flowers
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE IT
*Before you begin, place your foam in the saucer with water in it and soak for 30 minutes.
- Make or buy a wood box, ours measured 11 1/2 x 11 1/2 square
- Stain, if your box is unfinished, we used Mocha Brown stain.
- Place saucer in center of box and place a layer of sphagnum moss around it, half way up the box.
- Place the second layer of reindeer moss on top of other moss, to top of box making sure to cover the green foam.
- Stick the flowers into the moistened foam.